Answered By: Emily Pearson Last Updated: Apr 19, 2021 Views: 1
All overdue items are subject to fines, which vary according to materials type.
- Books are subject to a $0.25 per day fine.
- DVDs and videos are subject to a $1.00 per day fine.
- Hourly reserves are subject to a $0.25 per hour fine.
- Daily reserves are subject to a $1.00 per day fine.
- Recalled items are subject to a $5.00 per day fine.
- Summit and ILL materials are subject to a $0.50 per day fine for the first 10 days; $1.00 per day for the next 15 days; $30 maximum fine.
Faculty are not charged general overdue fines for materials held by Penrose Library. However, all faculty are subject to recall overdue fines as well as overdue fines for Summit & Interlibrary loan materials.
If a Penrose item is lost or stolen, the minimum Item Replacement Fee is $75.00 or the actual price of the item, if greater. An additional, non-refundable $15.00 processing fee per item is charged. We apply the Item Replacement Fee once the item has been overdue for more than 21 days. Once you return the book it will be reapplied to your account.
Summit and Interlibrary Loan materials which are lost or stolen incur a minimum of $90 per item replacement fee, or the actual price of the item, if greater.