Answered By: Emily Pearson Last Updated: Jul 12, 2021 Views: 0
All overdue items are subject to fines, which vary according to materials type.
- Books are subject to a $0.25 per day fine.
- DVDs and videos are subject to a $1.00 per day fine.
- Hourly reserves are subject to a $0.25 per hour fine.
- Daily reserves are subject to a $1.00 per day fine.
- Recalled items are subject to a $5.00 per day fine.
- Summit and ILL materials are subject to a $0.50 per day fine for the first 10 days; $1.00 per day for the next 15 days; $30 maximum fine.
Faculty are not charged general overdue fines for materials held by Penrose Library. However, all faculty are subject to recall overdue fines as well as overdue fines for Summit & Interlibrary loan materials.
If a Penrose item is lost or stolen, the minimum Item Replacement Fee is $75.00 or the actual price of the item, if greater. An additional, non-refundable $15.00 processing fee per item is charged. You can find more information on replacement fees on the relevant FAQ entry.
Suspension of Circulation Privileges
Library privileges will be suspended when your library account accrues $20.00 or more in fines, until partial or complete payment is made. Please pay all fines at the Penrose Circulation Desk. (Outstanding charges on student accounts will be transferred to your college bill at the end of each semester. Faculty are not subject to suspension.)